Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What Easter Means to Me, to You


To me, Easter is about the life and mission of Jesus Christ, his Atonement, the Crucifixion, and His Resurrection. The Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ, has some of the most powerful scriptures on the mission of Jesus Christ found in sacred writ.


This quarter we studied the book of Alma. Here are just two such scriptures from Alma that teach us about Jesus Christ. These focus on the mercy that is extended to us. There are other passages that refer to the gift of resurrection. As you read them, consider again what they mean to you. Perhaps you will want to share other scriptures that teach us more about the true meaning of Easter.


Alma 5:33-35 "Behold, he sendeth an invitation unto all men, for the arms of mercy are extended towards them, and he saith: Repent, and I will receive you. Yea, he saith: Come unto me and ye shall partake of the fruit of the tree of life; yea, ye shall eat and drink of the bread and the waters of life freely; Yea, come unto me and bring forth works of righteousness."


Alma 42:15 "And now, the plan of mercy could not be brought about except an atonement should be make; therefore God himself atoneth for the sins of the world, to bring about the plan of mercy, to appease the demands of justice, that God might be a perfect, just God, and a merciful God also."


How thankful I am to understand how God is able to be so merciful to me--He satisfied the demands of justice. He paid the great price. How humbled and thankful I am that He invites me and invites all to come and eat of the tree of life. This "great vicarious gift in behalf of all who would ever life upon the earth" [The Living Christ] is most precious to me. May I never fail to remember His blood and body for me spent.

1 comment:

BLOGGERINA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.