Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Zucchini Bread



Several of you loved this bread, and Ivan specifically asked for the recipe. So, if you have his email address, send it to him.

Zucchini Bread, from the Lion House Cookbook

1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
3 tsp. vanilla
2 cups shredded raw zucchini
3 cups flour (I use 1 cup whole wheat in place of 1 cup white)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Combine oil, sugar, and eggs in a large mixer bowl. Beat well. Blend in vanilla and zucchini. Sift dry ingredients together. Add to oil mixture and blend well. Add nuts if desired.

Pour batter into 2 well-greased and lightly floured loaf pans (8 X 4 X 3) filling about 3/4 full (any leftover batter can be baked in a muffin tin). Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hours or until loaves test done. Let stand in pans for ten minutes, then turn out on racks to cool.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Delish! I can't keep my hands off that stuff. I've eaten my fair share in the last few days.

thanks

Egan Metcalf said...

word.

I LOVE this bread.

I can't wait for summer.