Sunday, April 20, 2008

Speaking of Gospel Conversations


One of the most amazing gospel conversations recorded in scripture took place in 2200 B.C. between the brother of Jared and the pre-mortal Lord Jesus Christ. I love considering the experience--the doctrines taught, the thrill of spiritual enlightenment, the possibilities for us if our faith is strong.


I like to wonder how the brother of Jared felt as he approached the Lord with his request.


The words to a hymn express some of my feelings as I approach the Lord.


Lord, we come before thee now;

At thy feet we humbly bow,

Do not thou our suit disdain;

Shall we seek thee, Lord, in vain?


In thine own appointed way,

Now we seek thee; here we stay.

Lord, from hence we would not go,

Till a blessing thou bestow.


Send some messge from thy word

That may joy and peace afford.

Comfort those who weep and mourn;

Let the time of love return.


Grant we all may seek and find

Thee, our gracious God, and kind.

Heal the sick, the captive free.

Let us all rejoice in thee.


Text by Willaim Hammond, "Lord, We Come Before Thee Now" hymn 162

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Holly, I just barely found this link. Sorry I didn't know about it before! I can't wait to read and learn from your brilliant teachings!